Tough circumstances and injustice touch everyone. It seeps down to your very soul. Like flowing streams, conversations get replayed in your mind. It causes you to lose sleep and become exhausted. Doubts on how you handled situations cause depression. Worst of all, enemies seek to harm you without cause. Unless God intervenes, you have no hope (Ps. 69:1-4).
Here's the good news! God knows what's real and what's false. He knows when you sin and best of all, He's fair! God will heal the broken places of your soul and remove the humiliation so you can be a good witness and example to others. Remember that Christ has a greater purpose for you: Opportunity to walk in Christ's steps in suffering shame and disgrace while being estranged from friends and family.
The first step in developing equilibrium is being zealous for God's kingdom in extreme brokenness (prayer and fasting) in the midst of condemnation (Ps. 69:5-12).
God uses everything to draw you closer to Him if you process through the pain correctly:
1. Know that God loves you and seeks your welfare and freedom through His faithful word.
2. Pray specifically what, who, where and why you want deliverance (Ps. 69:13-15).
3. Boldly receive God's answers to prayer based on His lovingkindness.
4. Seek a more intimate relationship with God realizing He understands and knows about your reproach, shame and dishonor (Ps. 69:16-19).
5. Be honest about your negative feelings (Ps. 69:20-21).
6. Ask God to deal righteously with your enemies (Ps. 69:22-28).
7. By an act of your will, praise God's name and thank Him in spite of the pain since it will revive your heart and allow you to possess the kingdom of God (Ps. 69:29-36).
For a tough situation you are going through, follow the seven steps above. What difference did it make in the situation, your view of God and in your relationship with Him?