God has been our dwelling place in all generations. He has existed forever. Man's life is short since a 1000 years is like yesterday when it passes by or like grass that sprouts anew and fades in the evening (Ps. 90:1-6). Life is short and God is eternal.
God places our iniquities and secret sins in the light of His presence. Our days last 70 years and up to 80 years due to strength. They are filled with pride, labor and sorrow. It will soon be gone. Teach us to number our days so we may gain a heart a wisdom (Ps. 90:7-12). Wisdom buys up opportunities on earth so you don't waste your life.
Ask God to satisfy us in the morning with His lovingkindness so we can be joyful in the midst of evil. Give permanence to our work as we see His blessing and favor (Ps. 90:13-17). Participate with God in His work so you have the satisfaction of eternal impact.
Each morning before you begin your day, go through the following process:
1. Praise God for His love to you
2. Ask God for wisdom on how you should spend your time
3. Where do you see God at work?
4. Write down on a do-list how you can join God in His work
5. Prioritize by doing the most important item(s) first
6. Move uncompleted items to the top of next day's list and begin this process again