To find wisdom, you have to treasure His commandments within you, make your ear attentive, incline your heart to understanding, cry for discernment, seek her as silver and search for her as hidden treasure (Prov. 2:1-4). Seek wisdom like your life depended upon it.
The benefits of wisdom:
1. Discern fear of the Lord (Prov. 2:5a)
2. Discover knowledge of God (Prov. 2:5b)
3. Guard and preserve your paths (Prov. 2:8)
4. Discern every good course (Prov. 2:9)
5. Deliver from evil men (Prov. 2:12-15)
6. Deliver from adulterous woman (Prov. 2:16-19)
The benefits of wisdom lead to knowledge of God and deliverance from evil.
The reward of wisdom:
1. Receive knowledge and understanding (Prov. 2:6)
2. Protection by walking in integrity (Prov. 2:7)
3. Knowledge enter your heart and pleasant to your
soul (Prov. 2:10)
4. Discretion and understanding watch over you (Prov.
5. Keep the paths of the righteous (Prov. 2:20)
6. Live in the promise land (Prov. 2:21-22)
The reward of wisdom lead to heart knowledge so you can walk in integrity and embrace your promise land.
I want to close with another quote by J.I. Packer: "Not until we have become humble and teachable, standing in awe of God's holiness and sovereignty... acknowledging our own littleness, distrusting our own thoughts, and willing to have our minds turned upside down, can divine wisdom become ours."
Considering what you learned in Prov. 2, stand in awe of God's holiness and sovereignty, ask Him for wisdom, search the Scriptures diligently and listen to what He teaches you.