Sing of God's love and make His faithfulness known through all generations. God made a covenant with David that extends His royal right to rule through all generations, including you and me (Ps. 89:1-4). Allow God's love and faithfulness rule in every circumstance of life.
Nothing can compare with God. He is more awesome than any other entity or power. As creator of everything, He rules over every enemy. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His authority. He reigns with love and faithfulness. Those who walk in the light of God's presence rejoice in His name all day long and exult in His righteousness. He is their glory, strength, shield and king (Ps. 89:5-18). Walk in the light of God's presence in every circumstance of life.
Here is God's provisions for His faithful children:
1. Bestowed strength on a warrior
2. Exalted from among the people
3. Anointed in ministry
4. Sustained and strengthened
5. No enemy oppresses since God crushes and strikes down adversaries
6. God's faithful love present for exaltation
7. God is Father, rock and Savior
8. Firstborn and most exalted of kings of the earth
9. God's love and covenant eternal
10. Establish descendants and throne eternally
11. Punish sons' sin with rod and iniquity with flogging
12. Never remove, violate or lie about God's love, faithfulness, covenant or promises to His descendants and throne (Ps. 89:19-37). God's love and faithfulness bestowed forever as His kingdom agent in the world.
In comparison to God's provisions and promises, here is the condition of God's people in the world:
1. Angry and rejected anointed one
2. Renounced covenant and defiled crown in the dust
3. Broken through walls and reduced strongholds to ruin
4. Scorn of neighbors
5. Exalted and made enemies rejoice
6. Not supported in battle
7. Discontinued splendor and cast throne to ground
8. Covered with shame (Ps. 89:38-45). God's people experience defeat, shame and ruin in the world.
How long will God hide and His wrath burn like fire? Our life is fleeting and futile. Everyone will see death (Ps. 89:46-48). Admit mortality and limitations in the world.
Where is God's love and faithfulness in the midst of mocking and taunts of enemies? They mock every step of the way. Praise be the Lord forever (Ps. 89:49-52). Acknowledge God's love and faithfulness in the midst of mocking.
Meditate on God's love and faithfulness. How does that make you feel? Ask God to enable you to walk in His presence each moment of the day. Establish checkpoints every couple of hours and evaluate whether you are walking in His presence or being discouraged by the evil one's mockings.