Your responsibility is to consider plans, assess motives and commit works to God. God's responsibility is to answer prayer according to motives so your plans succeed. He made everything for His purpose. Proud motives and great income with injustice are an abomination to God. When you fear the Lord and your ways are pleasing to the Lord, you evil and have peace even from your enemies (Prov. 16:1-9) . When you righteously plans your way, the Lord makes your steps succeed.
A king establishes his throne by making righteous decisions, valuing truth from others, accepting and reconciling alternative viewpoints. (Prov. 16:10-15). As you value truth and accept conflicting viewpoints from others, you make good decisions for abiding success.
When a person values wisdom over riches, he or she:
1. Avoids evil
2. Guards his soul
3. Humble spirit
4. Gives attention to the word
5. Trusts in the Lord
7. Sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness
8. Healing speech (Prov. 16:16-24). A wise and discerning person with humility persuades and heals others.
When a person values unrighteousness, he or she:
1. Ways seems right but leads to death
2. Plots evil
3. Speech like a scorching fire
4. Stirs up dissension
5. Gossip separates close friends
6. Leads neighbor down a bad path
7. Plots perversity
8. Bent on evil (Prov. 16:25-30). An unrighteous person plots evil that stirs upon dissension and separates close friends.
God is more interested in heart and character than actions and accomplishments. He controls the outcomes (Prov. 16:31-33). God examines the heart and determines the outcomes.
Consider your heart and character in these points as you make a decision so your plans will succeed:
1. Avoid evil
2. Guard your soul
3. Humble spirit
4. Give attention to the word
5. Trust in the Lord
7. Sweetness of speech
8. Healing speech