Character of wise speech:
1. Gentle answer turns away wrath
2. Makes knowledge acceptable
3. Healing tongue is tree of life
4. Spreads knowledge
5. Slow to anger pacifies contention
6. Find joy and delight in apt reply and timely word
7. Pleasant words are pure
8. Heart of righteous ponders how to answer
Character of foolish speech:
1. Harsh word stirs up anger
2. Spouts folly
3. Perverse tongue crushes the spirit
4. Heart incapable of spreading knowledge
5. Hot-tempered man stirs up strife
6. Mouth of wicked pours out evil things
Wise speech makes knowledge acceptable, heals, pure, thoughtful and timely while foolish speech is harsh, spouts folly, crushes the spirit, stirs up strife and pours out evil things.
God sees evil and good, including the hearts of men (Prov. 15:3,11).
Heart of a wise person:
1. Regards reproof is prudent
2. Much wealth in house of righteous
3. Prayer of upright is His delight
4. God loves those pursuing righteousness
5. Joyful heart makes a cheerful face
6. Seeks knowledge
7. Cheerful heart has continual feast
8. Better is little with fear of the Lord
9. Better is love with dish of vegetables
10. Path of upright is highway
11. Makes a father glad
12. Man of understanding walks straight
13. Plans succeed with many counselors
14. Path of life leads upward to keep away from Sheol
15. Establishes boundary of widow
16. Hates bribes will live
17. Hears prayer of righteous
18. Bright eyes gladden the heart
19. Good news puts fat on the bones
20. Ear listening to life-giving reproof dwells among wise
21. Listens to reproof acquires understanding
22. Fear of Lord is instruction for wisdom
23. Before honor comes humility
The humble who listen to reproof acquire honor and understanding. God loves and hears the righteous who pray and pursue righteousness.
Heart of a foolish person:
1. Rejects father's discipline
2. Trouble in income of wicked
3. Evil plans are abomination to the Lord
4. Stern discipline for those forsaking the way
5. Hates reproof will die
6. Scoffer does not love one who reproves him and won't go to the wise
7. Sad heart makes a broken spirit
8. Feeds on folly
9. Everyday of the afflicted are bad
10. Turmoil with great treasure
11. Hatred with fattened ox
12. Way of sluggard is hedge of thorns
13. Despises his mother
14. Folly delights a man who lacks judgment
15. Plans fail for lack of counsel
16. Tear down house of proud
17. Profits illicitly troubles his own house
18. Lord is far from wicked
19. Neglects discipline despises himself (Prov. 15:5-33)
Those who neglect discipline and hate reproof despise themselves and die. The Lord is far from the wicked and tears down the house of the proud.
Does your speech make knowledge acceptable?
Does your speech heal?
Is your speech pure?
Is your speech thoughtful?
Is your speech timely?
Do listen to reproof?
Are you righteous so God can hear your prayers?
Do you pursue righteousness?
Do you have many counselors?
Are you humble?
Do you fear the Lord?